Transformers Movie 2 Deluxe Breakaway Right now


When I first saw Breakaway in the stores, before ROTF release, I decided I needed to get him. Even though I knew he wasn't in the movie, I collect TF planes and the fact that he had a F-35 JSF mode made me all the more eager to get my hands on him.

In plane mode, he is amazing! Good, accurate details... I can't ask for more in Deluxe class toy. Had this been a Voyager, you'd expect a firing projectile and stuff. But as a JSF model, this is classy and very realistic looking. The paint job/ camaflouge is ok too... can live with that.

Unfortunately, that's where the good stuff ends.

Had a little trouble tranforming to robot mode, but once I did.... I was massively disappointed at how small his head is. His face/head is pretty much a "pilot's helmet" inside the cockpit. While it looks normal in the pictures, in reality... the head is the same size as a Legends class toy!!! Add in the fact that his head is a same height as his shoulders (instead of above), giving him a hunched-back look. The latter I can live with too, but not the tiny face/head. Plus the cockpit glass keeps getting in the way, so from a distance, you can't really see his face.

The other complaint I have is that Hasbro didn't need to give him feet with four 'toes'. In robot mode, it looks funny. In jet mode, they look really weird when they're tucked away at the bottom of the fuselage. What was wrong with plain, rectangular feet?

All in all, I'm a bit disappointed. And the Mech-Alive feature isn't too great either! I'm just going to keep him in plane mode mostly.

That said, he is same size and looks great next to some of the other jets I have - Dreadwing (Mig-29), Starscream & Thundercracker (F-15s) & Sky Warp (SU-37).Get more detail about Transformers Movie 2 Deluxe Breakaway.

0 comments:

Post a Comment